February 12, 2017
Speaker: Jon Thiessen
- Did you experience any victories this week as they relate to the 6 marks of a disciple?-Spends time regularly in God’s presence through Bible reading and prayer
-Engages consistently with a community of believers to grow spiritually
-Submits tot eh Holy Spirit’s leadership and control in every aspect of life
-Builds up the Church through the use of their Spiritual gifts
-Shows and shares the Gospel in the communities where God places them
-Prioritizes relationships appropriately with those God has entrusted to them
- What stood out to you from Sunday’s message?
- John 6:52, 7:30, 8:59, 10:20 & 10:39 reveal a growing opposition to Jesus. Why were people against him?
- John 9:27-34 & 12:9-11 reveal that the opposition and threats spread to two of Jesus’ followers. Read the surrounding verses and explain why.
- When Jesus says that his sheep will listen to his voice (John 10:3, 16) but not to the voice of a stranger (John 10:5), referring to those who oppose Jesus, what does that mean? What are Jesus’ followers giving up in order to follow him?
- Read Mark 4:1-20. What does this parable reveal about hearing?
- Read Matthew 7:24-29. What is the difference between the person who builds his house on the rock compared to the person who builds his house on sand?
- What one thing has the Holy Spirit impressed upon your heart in your study this week?