Johnston Heights Church is currently accepting applications for the position of Youth and Children’ Worker. This position is dependent on the approval of funds from the summer job program. The purpose of this position is to provide valuable experience in both Children’s and Youth Ministry by giving opportunities for leadership and mentorship in the local church.
Please prayerfully consider the job description and if you sense God drawing you to this position, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 29, 2021.
Johnston Heights Church
Youth and Children’s Worker 2022 – Job Description
Hours and Schedule:
- Start date May 16, 2022
- 30 hours/week for 14 weeks
- Primary Reports to Children’s Director
- Secondary reports will be to Youth/Young Adults Director + Administrative Director
The purpose of this position is to provide valuable experience in both Children and Youth Ministry by giving opportunities of leadership and mentorship.
- Born again Christian who has a commitment to Making Jesus Known in Every Community He Places Us!
- Proficient in Office 365 & Zoom
- Previous experience working with youth and children
- Research skills
- One year of college or biblical leadership training
This position is dependent on summer job funding and the successful candidate must also meet the summer job program qualifications.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Children’s Ministry
- Assist in family care
- Plan family events
- Assist in running day camps in July (volunteer management and registration, prep & planning)
- Sunday morning program
- Youth Ministry
- Assist in planning & running youth events/nights.
- Assist in planning & executing youth camp