At Grounded Youth (grades 8 - 12) we are all about loving and supporting teenagers! We have 3 main components to our program that help us accomplish that:
- Grounded Youth Night | Happens every Wednesday night from 7-9pm in the Youth Centre (JHC's South Entrance). This is where students can experience a safe and welcoming group that strives to make Jesus known and encourages relationship building.
- Youth Drop-In Tutoring and Hangout | A safe place to hang out with free tutoring every Wednesday from 4-6pm. This is the perfect place to come hang out, bring your homework, and get some extra help by our tutoring team! Located in our Youth Centre (JHC's South Entrance).
- Youth Drop-In Supper | Join us for our free supper every Wednesday at 6pm in the lower auditorium (JHC's Main Entrance). For all youth grade 8-12.
Check out our calendar below for all the details
Get connected to our community by following us on Instagram
REGISTER FOR GROUNDED YOUTH 2022-23
What Does a Typical Grounded Youth Night Look Like?
We often have time to hangout while enjoying amazing food and playing some games, before heading into a time of music and a message. We then split into smaller groups led by our awesome Youth Leaders, where we learn about Jesus and deepen relationships with one another. Really, this is the best place to know and be known by others while talking through life.
What Does the Youth Drop-In Program Look Like?
Youth Drop-In happens every Wednesday that we have our regular Grounded Youth Night on (see calendar below). It includes a tutoring and hangout time in our Youth Centre from 4-6pm followed by a free supper in the Lower Auditorium of JHC at 6pm. Both of these programs are completely free. Our tutoring time will have tables set up to work on homework, as well as comfortable space to relax and hangout. We have an amazing team of tutoring volunteers to assist with all your homework needs, many of our volunteers are teachers! Our supper program is for all youth no matter what circumstance you are in! Come enjoy some great food and each other's company. All of our programs are set up to run individually meaning you can pick and choose what you want to come to or come to all of them!
Upcoming Special Events:
Grounded Youth Lock-In 2023: It's Time To BeReal.
Where, When and Who?
You've been asking and we're responding! Grounded Youth's Lock-In/Retreat event is back! Meet at Johnston Heights Church's Youth Centre at 7:00pm on Friday Feb. 17th, 2023 and stay till Saturday Feb. 18th, 2023, 12pm. This event is for any youth grade 8 to grade 12.
$20- per student
- Church Office Before Event - Cash, Cheque, Debit, Credit
- E-Transfer firstname.lastname@example.org (Please make a note with your name and what the payment is for)
- At the Event - Cash, Cheque, Debit, Credit
Please note that during this event, students may be transported by approved volunteers for the purpose of a planned activity (ie. bowling, gym rental, slurpee run, etc.).
Meet our Youth Director
Levi Fraser is our Youth & Young Adults Director. Levi spent the early years of his life in the Okanagan before moving to Vancouver Island where he graduated High School. After High School he spent time travelling across Canada before winding up at Bible College at Briercrest College and Seminary in Saskatchewan. While he spent his time at Bible College focused on international ministry which took him to places such as Pakistan, China, and Hong Kong, Levi also grew in his love for youth ministry which he has spent the last decade of his life pouring into. Levi met his amazing wife Jordana at Bible College, has one son named Iver who is in full toddler mode, and a fur baby (dog) named Andi. Levi is a die hard Canucks fan, loves playing games with friends, drinks pumpkin spiced lattes, and loves food from other cultures. Levi is passionate about seeing youth and young adults take steps in their faith as they get to know Jesus! Levi and his family live right in Guildford and are so excited to be serving right in our own community.