Join the team!
Johnston Heights Church is searching for a strong Christian leader with a heart for helping non-English speakers learn English and participate in the community. This individual will provide leadership and support to our ESL ministry.
- The ESL Coordinator is a part time position of 10 hours per week with a preferred start date of January 2024.
- This position will have a one year contract.
- This person will report to the Administrative Directors.
- They shall be given the authority to fulfill the specific responsibilities outlined in the official job description.
To carry out the full scope of details of the duties and responsibilities listed below:
- Startup and oversee an ESL program at JHC
- Recruit, evaluate and train volunteer teachers
- Lead and coordinate a volunteer team
- Evaluate and assess student skills and competence
- Select curriculum
- Train and teach adult learners
- Evaluate and adjust the program as needed
- Have 3+ years of previous experience teaching English as a Second Language
- Organization and administrative skills
- Works well with others in a team environment and is comfortable working independently
- Preference will be given to members of Johnston Heights Church
To apply please submit a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contract Security Person
We are looking for a contract security person to oversee different events held at the church. Duties would include opening and locking up the building, as well as patrolling during the event. This will be a paid hourly position. Hours will be mostly evenings and weekends. If you are interested, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. All applicants must be over 19 years of age and complete a criminal record check before hire.